Perl Client for Selenium Remote Driver
Revision history for Selenium-Remote-Driver
- Improved error messaging for Saucelabs non-json cases
- Improved error messaging for incorrectly configured chromedrivers
- Specify minimum compatible version of Moo dep
- Make Driver.pm more easily subclassed ( ea68e06, 63e78e3 )
- Get TravisCI passing again
- Roll & use our own mocking classes #164
- get|set_speed subs are no-ops and will be removed in the upcoming release
- Add inner_window_size sub and hash key option to accomodate S-R-D-UserAgent use
- Update list of no_content_success methods that interpret an undef value as success
- #87: Implement is_hidden for WebElements
- #145: Revert previous 2.42.2 fix to allow for endpoints properly returning ''
- #146: Keep test description when using content_like
- #135, #136, #142: Fix compatability issues with JSONWireProtocol changes in 2.42.2
- Add an optional base_url parameter for automatic concatenation in get/get_ok
- #128: Fix upload_file where encode_base64 was not exported properly
- #54 : Update the status endpoint when checking for Grid
- #124: Explicitly specify finder type in get_body
- Add a desired_capabilities option that provides full control over the desiredCapability object
- Add a new_from_caps constructor to distinguish against the normal new constructor
- Add a ua option to allow injection of LWP::UserAgent for testing
- Completed the Moo restructure (pr #103) with pr #122, fixing a bug in _check_ok (#121).
- Added Selenium::Remote::Driver::Firefox::Profile for managing Firefox profiles.
- Using Dist::Zilla & Pod::Weaver to keep the POD as DRY as possible
- Restore broken proxy functionality - should use the value passed in ->new
- #119 Restore broken find_elements functionality - should return an arrayref or an array
- New maintainer: Daniel Gempesaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix failing tests in CPAN distribution!
[THINGS THAT MIGHT BREAK YOUR CODE]
- We now 'croak' instead of returning error strings in a number of
cases where invalid method calls were made. This should make
debugging easier in some cases, and is more aligned with our
documentation which already stated that we would croak on errors.
Still, your code may depend on the old behavior.
- The hover() method on the WebElement has been removed. This is not in the JSON Wire protocol,
and the same functionality is avialable with the Driver object's move_to() method.
- Merged Test::WebDriver into this distribution as Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver.
Several updates to it are included since the last release. (Mark Stosberg)
- The existence of most (or all?) key testing methods in
Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver is now documented, rather than leaving it to users
to figure out the magic effects of AUTOLOAD on the methods in the parent
class. (Mark Stosberg)
- Added type_ok() to Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver, similar to the method by the same name
from Test::WWW::Mechanize (Mark Stosberg)
- Added several methods to Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver that allow you to find
an WebElement and test against in a single command. (Mark Stosberg)
The test methods for WebElements include:
type_element_ok - find an element and type into it.
element_text_is - find an element and check the text.
element_value_is - find an element and check the value.
click_element_ok - find an element and click on it.
clear_element_ok - find an element and clear it.
is_element_displayed_ok - find an element and check to see if it's displayed.
is_element_enabled_ok - find an element and check to see if it's enabled.
- Added and started using Test::Selenium::Remote::WebElement. This a
sub-class of Selenium::Remote::WebElement. This allows testing
methods on the "WebElement" object as well as main '$driver' object.
- Added a pause() function, that sleeps for the given number of milliseconds, just like
- new() now accepts a 'default_finder' option to allow you to change the default finder, which
is currently 'xpath'. This will be of interest to those who prefer CSS-style selectors,
such as jQuery uses.
- new() now accepts a 'webelement_class' option to allow you to specify an alternate WebElement class.
This could be used to add testing methods or functionality for WebElements.
- Shortcut methods absorbed from Test::WebDriver into Selenium::Remote::Driver:
get_text() Returns the text for a particular element.
get_body() Returns the text for the whole body.
get_path() Returns the path part of the current URL.
- New short method to save a screenshot to a file: $driver->capture_screenshot($filename).
The name was chosen for compatibility with a WWW::Selenium method of the same name.
- Removed 'get_location()' as an alias in Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver.
Please use the more specific 'get_current_url()' instead.
It's a more specific name that matches the Selenium API method name.
- Adding text checking methods to Test::Selenium::Remote::Driver
# Run regex's against the entire page source
# Run regex's against just the "text" of the page
# Check page source for strings
# Check text of page for strings
The names are intentionally the same as their Test::WWW::Mechanize
counterparts. However, these methods may take an arrayref of regular
expressions for improved performance when you want to run multiple
tests against the same page.
Normally Selenium::Remote::Driver would make an HTTP request to the
driven browser for each content check. By using an arrayref for
multiple checks of the same page, you can avoid the extra HTTP
requests and speed up your tests. (Mark Stosberg)
- Updated ChangeLog to reflect that debug_on() and debug_off() methods were added in 0.16.
- Switch S::R::D to Moo; this should not have any adverse impacts, as our API is unchanged
- Take advantage of additional Dist::Zilla plugins (travis, commitbuild, autoprereqs, etc)
- MIME::Base64 is now only loaded if it used for a file upload or taking a screenshot.
This will create a minor speed-up for common cases which don't use these features.
- Explained why the code does 'use 5.006; use v5.10.0;', and it's not pretty.
The short version: before perl 5.006, the v-string 'v5.10.0' would not be understood.
The page http://www.dagolden.com/index.php/369/version-numbers-should-be-boring/
explains it in much more detail than I can.
Fortunately, it boils down to this: http://perldoc.perl.org/5.10.0/functions/use.html#use-VERSION
- Added Test::LongString as a dependency to support the new content checking methods.
- Second build with DistZilla, now with distzilla branch merged into master.
- commit db99a00: Dave Rolsky: Fix broken use of =cut
- commit 505232b: Dave Rolsky: Changed indentation of commit 0d78dbe
- commit f042929: Dave Rolsky: Check for content_type not being json
- commit 0e7ad05: Dave Rolsky: Include error message from
server when we can't create a session
- commit aba915e: Dave Rolsky: Don't assume response
structure, avoid undef warnings
- commit 6e34634: Dave Rolsky: Move cmd_return check up a
little higher to simplify the code
- commit b6e79c1: Mucking about trying to create 0.17
- commit 81a6ffe: Merged branch 'dist-zilla'
- commit 45bcea2: Updated Changes file for version 0.16 and 0.17
- commit b28b61e: Changed maintainer information
- commit b28b61e: Improved DistZilla configuration
- commit b28b61e: Improved 03-spec-coverage test
- commit b6b2cdb: Improved 03-spec-coverage test, skip some methods
- commit 61ae784: Reformatted README to 80 columns, fixed a typo.
- New maintainer and beginning CPAN artist: Charles Howes <email@example.com>
- First build with DistZilla (using distzilla branch from git repository, somewhat stale)
- Added debug_on() and debug_off() methods.
- commit 338872f: Deleted MANIFEST, MANIFEST.SKIP, Makefile.PL
- commit 338872f: Changed README
- commit 338872f: Created dist.ini for Distzilla
- commit 338872f: Added 'uploadFile' to Commands.pm
- commit 338872f: Forced stringification of arguments in send_keys,
- commit 338872f: Removed check for secure cookie in t/01-driver.t
- commit 338872f: Updated
- commit 0d78dbe: Show error message from server
- commit dadb329: Click wasn't working due to typo
- commit b992873: Added Pod headers to WDKeys.pm
- commit d30e31e: Bumped version number to 0.16 in dist.ini
- commit 6936c64: Stripped CR from end of lines everywhere
- execute_script() can return web elements for data structures
(arrays for .e.g.).
- The error messages are now a little more descriptive in cases of
- Fixed the carp 1.25 related issue in tests.
- Added support for proxy configuration.
- Added method send_keys_to_active_element() in driver
- Added method get_sessions()
- Fixed issue #11
- Fixed documentation from issue #21
- Added support for key events in send_keys() method
- Added methods to get/set window position/size
- get_active_element() now returns a WebElement object
- Bunch of bug fixes & documentation fixes.
- Tests now use mock recordings for each major os
this will be expanded to include different versions
- added module metadata so bug tracking and repository
info will appear on metacpan (Thanks Tom Hukins!)
- Fixed issue with find_child_element(s) which caused
search methods which had 2+ words to fail
("css selector","class name","tag name", etc)
This is quite a large list for this release and will be
the first cpan release. The later releases will hopefully
happen often and won't be quite as large.
- subroutine calls carp when an error occurs or when
an element cannot be found
- if an element cannot be found, carp should tell you
which line in your local script where the element was
- added the following driver api calls
- fixed the following api calls
- $element->get_value is deprecated...
subroutine now points to get_attribute('value')
- added the following element api calls
- added initial IDE plugin for the Selenium-IDE
(this is based off the Rspec webdriver ide plugin)
- Added "extra_capabilities" named argument to the driver
- make send_keys accept one or more string argument
(thanks Phil Kania!)
- fixed issue: check for empty string before trying to decode
- fixed issue: if script using the module ever forked, the
driver would call quit whenever that fork was closed
- fixed issue: Marked as deprecated: WebElement::set_selected
- fixed issue: global $driver variable in WebElement caused the
remote connection to be destroyed before the driver was able
to call quit()
- fixed issues:
- improper definition of setImplicitWaitTimeout
- Driver.pm: missing 'css' entry in FINDERS
- Driver.pm::find_elements: set up $using correctly
(thanks Phil Mitchell!)
- Implemented support for JSON wire protocol as of a4 release of
- The main Driver & WebElement modules are implemented & functional.
- Added unit tests for Driver. As of this moment only live testing is
supported as the server itself is alpha & mocking its behavior doesn't
help our cause.
- Added POD for Driver & WebElement
First version, released on an unsuspecting world.